I started a great journey (so far) to Europe on July 20, 2008 at 18:45 PDT. First a long flight to London where I had hoped to have an empty seat next to me, but the flight was full.
Several interesting bits about the flight to London:
- I didn't fall asleep right away. This is very unusual for me.
- They served soft drinks in the most adorable little cans. Skinny like juice cans but a little different. Of course I didn't get a picture but I am hoping to on the way home.
- Dinner was either chicken or salmon. I had chicken. It was pretty good and came with some sort of corn mash and carrots with some sort of beans. I tried the carrots and ate ALL of the beans. They looked like lima beans. There was a roll with butter and cheesecake for desert.
- After dinner they served coffee or tea. I had tea.
- I was then trying to fall asleep when it occurred to me that I really needed to use the restroom. The gentlemen on my row were snoozing and I ended up waiting for about 20 minutes before they snapped awake and I was able to get up.
- This was one of several times I got up to walk around since I hate feeling cramped and I didn't want any leg trouble.
- Breakfast was a croissant with "white" American cheese, a blueberry muffin and orange juice.
After we landed at London's Heathrow we trekked for what seemed like miles to a bus that took us to the terminal that our flight to Munich was leaving from. We then had to trek some more to a security check point. Yes they make you go through security even though you haven't left the airport. I then set the alarm off and was frisked by an very polite English woman. From security we went to the board to see what gate our flight to Munich was at and it hadn't been assigned one yet. It was set to leave in 30 minutes and had no gate yet.
Flight to Munich - I slept the whole way.
I am travelling with a co-worker and we walked around a bit before returning to the hotel so he could go to bed.
I wandered some more and ended up eating at Hard Rock Cafe.
The weather has been gorgeous but I am fading fast.